Vegan peanut butter and jelly pancakes recipe
Take your fluffy vegan pancakes up a notch with the classic combo of peanut butter and homemade blueberry compote.
1. To make the blueberry ‘jam’ put the berries and maple syrup in a small pan. Heat gently, stirring until the blueberries start to burst and give up their juice.
2. Put the peanut butter in a pan and heat gently, whisking in enough water to make it thin enough for drizzling. Stir in the vanilla.
3. To make the pancakes put the flour and baking powder in a bowl and stir together. Mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil.
4. Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry until you have a batter. Leave to sit for 3 minutes.
5. Stir the batter again and pour into a jug.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little more coconut oil. Cooking 2 or 3 pancakes at a time, pour in enough batter to make small, 10cm American-style pancakes. Leave to cook until you see bubbles forming on top of the pancakes, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Keep warm in a low oven while you make the rest.
7. Serve the pancakes stacked up with peanut butter drizzle, blueberry jam and extra maple syrup if you like.