White forest trifle recipe
This trifle is an easy and stylish Christmas dessert to make during the festive season or all year round.
1. Cut the cakes into 2cm slices. Spread with jam and make sandwiches. Cut each into 4.
2. Put 7 cherries aside to decorate the top of the trifle then cut the rest in half.
3. Beat the mascarpone until smooth then gradually beat in the custard. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract.
4. Put half the cake in the bottom of a large glass trifle dish. Drizzle over 3 tbsp kirsch and spoon over half the cherries, making sure you push them to the edge of the dish so they are visible. Top with half the custard.
5. Add another layer of cake then more kirsch and the other half of the cherries. Top with the rest of the custard.
6. Softly whip the cream with another 2 tsp of vanilla and the icing sugar. Spoon on top of the trifle.
7. Make curls by drawing a large, sharp knife across the surface of the white chocolate. Pile on top of the cream and dot around some cherries to finish.