A delicious, creamy, rice and milk enriched with the goodness of cashews and raisins, paal payasam is a south Indian dessert, a version of kheer, made on various festivals and celebratory occasions like onam. It is a simple recipe with richness of nuts and goodness of milk.
1. Wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
2. Cook the rice in milk until soft.
3. Add cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts.
5. When the cashew nuts are slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for a minute.
6. Pour on the rice mixture and serve warm.