Next level breakfast buns from food writer John Gregory-Smith with streaky bacon, crispy fried eggs and salty baked kale. Make this easy brunch recipe for a super indulgent weekend treat
1. Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Tip the kale onto a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and season well. Toss together and bake for 10-12 minutes (turning halfway) or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven, scatter over the paprika and mix well.
2. Turn the grill to high. Put the bacon onto a rack and grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
3. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and crack in the eggs. Season and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just set.
4. While the eggs are cooking, cut the buns in half and grill for 1 minute until toasted. Tear the mozzarella and divide between the bottom halves of the buns. Put onto the grill rack and cook for 1 minute until melted, then transfer to serving plates.
5. Mix the sriracha with the mayonnaise. Spread the sauce on the underside of the bun lids. Drizzle the remainder over the mozzarella-covered buns and top with the bacon. Add the egg and finally the kale. Top with the other bun halves and serve immediately.